Current Stable Release (Version 7.0.4)
|Max OS X Snow Leopard||Disk Image||maitreya-7.0.4.dmg|
|Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise), Mint 13 LTS (Maya), LMDE 201204, Debian Wheezy||Debian package/i386||maitreya_7.0.4_i386.deb|
|CentOS 6/Redhat 6, Fedora 16/17||RPM package/i686||maitreya-7.0.4-1.el6.i686.rpm|
- Maitreya is included in the official repository of the upcoming Debian release (Wheezy) and future Ubuntu (12.10) Mint etc. The version is out of date (6.x)
- The Download Page on Sourceforge.net contains a complete list of all releases.
- Read the Character Sets page if the fonts are not okay (e.g. Latin letters in chart wheel) .
Installation on Windows SystemsInstallation can be done as follows
- Download the Windows Installer (see above).
- Start the installer from the download dialog or open the download directory in Windows Explorer and double click the installer.
- Follow the instructions.
Installation on Ubuntu and other Debian Based SystemsDownload the Debian package (*.deb). Open the download directory in a file manager (e.g. Nautilus) and double click the downloaded package. Click the install button.
The startup icon can be found in the application menu (Accessories).
Alternatively, open a console window, change to the download directory and enter the following commands.
sudo apt-get -f install
Installation on Fedora and other RPM based SystemsIs similar to Ubuntu installation described above.
Manual installation can be done as root with the following command.
Installation on MacOS XOpen the disk image in the Finder. Install the True Type font. Start the program.
Source Code CompilationThe compilation of the sources can be done with configure and make.
The program depends upon wxWidgets 2.8 (headers and libraries), the corresponding packages must be installed. The fontconfig package is required, too.
The following command can be pasted to the console on Ubuntu:
A good step by step instruction can be found at http://makegadgetswork.blogspot.com/2010/03/install-maitreya-vedic-astrology_22.html.
The Installation page contains more information about compilation.