Maitreya is an Open Source platform for Vedic and western astrology.
Supported platforms are Windows, Max OS X, Linux and UNIX. Mobile platforms like Android or
iOS are not supported.
The software is licensed under the GNU Public License and is free for private and commercial use.
Details about the license can be found on the Maitreya's License page.
About the Name
is the disciple of Maharishi Parasara,
the author of Brihat Parasara Hora Shastra,
the most prominent scripture of classic Vedic astrology.
In this scripture the sage instructs his disciple on many topics of Vedic astrology.
Features of the Software
The program supports many features of Vedic and western astrology. Examples
- High precision calculation. Many astrological objects (Upagrahas, Kalavelas, Arabic points, Uranian planets, planetoids).
- Various skins for western charts, Vedic charts incl. Vargas, Sarvatobhadra
- Classic Dasas in text and graphical views (tree and bar diagram)
- Ashtakavarga, Shadbala, classic Yogas and their predictions
- Solar (annual) chart, transits and progressions
- Uranian astrology: sensitive points (midpoints, reflection points, sums, differences) and their events, annual chart.
- Partner charts, ephemeris, eclipses, Hora.
You can visit the Screenshots
page if you prefer a visual impression.
Getting and Installing the Software
Software releases can be downloaded from the internet.
You will find the links on the Download
This page contains hints for installation that may be sufficient for most users.
The Installation page contains a deeper
description of compilation and installation on various platforms.
Using the Software for the first time
Read the Getting Started Guide
guide before using it for the first time.